DVD: Predators (15)
Friday 29 October 2010
"We're going to need a new plan," Adrien Brody's grunt intones upon grasping he's on the wrong planet.
It wasn't clear that they had an old one in this shoot-em-up, testosterone-fuelled tosh. Predators feels like the result of two teenage boys talking about action films long into the night. "Like, uh huh huh, let's have a Yakuza dude, a mercenary [Brody], FBI's most wanted, a drug lord and a bunch of soldiers abducted by predators and then, huh, dumped in an alien world. And let's throw in that Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) dude from The Matrix." It's not as effective as Schwarzenegger's original but Nimród Antal's actioner is still very watchable.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans