DVD: Puss in Boots (U)
Friday 30 March 2012
"What can I say, I was a bad kitty," explains Antonio Banderas's outlaw mog at the start of this very enjoyable spin-off from the Shrek franchise.
The swashbuckling Puss in Boots is a fugitive because his deceitful pal, Humpty Alexander Dumpty (Zach Galifianakis), duped him into stealing some golden coins. Some years later and the conniving little egg, along with his pickpocketing cohort Kitty Softpaws (Salma Hayek), wants to enlist Puss's nimble skills to pilfer magic beans from banditos Jack and Jill. There are some lovely visual gags and some nifty dialogue ("You know what they do to eggs in prison? I'll tell you this: it ain't over-easy!") in this jolly animation.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God