DVD: Puss in Boots (U)
Friday 30 March 2012
"What can I say, I was a bad kitty," explains Antonio Banderas's outlaw mog at the start of this very enjoyable spin-off from the Shrek franchise.
The swashbuckling Puss in Boots is a fugitive because his deceitful pal, Humpty Alexander Dumpty (Zach Galifianakis), duped him into stealing some golden coins. Some years later and the conniving little egg, along with his pickpocketing cohort Kitty Softpaws (Salma Hayek), wants to enlist Puss's nimble skills to pilfer magic beans from banditos Jack and Jill. There are some lovely visual gags and some nifty dialogue ("You know what they do to eggs in prison? I'll tell you this: it ain't over-easy!") in this jolly animation.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage