DVD review: Life of Pi
Saturday 27 April 2013
Yann Martel's Booker-winner was once widely classed as "unfilmable", but with the help of some astonishing digital imagery, Ang Lee has visualised its 16-year-old hero's epic battle to share a lifeboat with a fully grown, permanently hungry Bengal tiger – and he took home a Best Director Oscar from this year's ceremony for his troubles.
I'm not sure that it's as profound as the overbearing spirituality might suggest, but it's certainly gorgeous to look at.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Colin Wilson: Eternal outsider
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >