DVD review: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
Saturday 03 August 2013
Vegas showmen Burt Wonderstone (Steve Carell, shiny teeth, stonking toupée) and Anton Marvelton (Steve Buscemi, wonky teeth, wondrous manner) have been pulling the same act for decades – only to split up when challenged by maverick street-magician Steve Gray (Jim Carrey in manic mode).
Enter Alan Arkin as an old-time illusionist to help Carell rediscover his passion for close-up trickery. A tad overlong, but it's entertaining and the leads are good value.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >