DVD review: To the Wonder
Saturday 15 June 2013
Terrence Malick's improvised reverie on love and commitment in the 21st century is one long dreamy, sun-burnished montage featuring Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, and a murmured French voice-over in place of dialogue.
So, yes, you might well mistake it for a pretentious perfume advertisement. But no other director could make such an extraordinarily beautiful drama about a fractious relationship in midwestern suburbia.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government