DVD: Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes (U)
Friday 22 May 2009
Culinary maestro Rick Stein continues his pursuit of all things tasty by travelling across the Continent, sampling local recipes and ingredients and adapting them to conjure concoctions of his own... generously marinated in local history.
Stein sniffs and chomps his way through tasty treats from the Greeks, Italians, Spanish and Turks. In Corsica, he assembles chicken with sobrasada (a Majorcan specialty similar to chorizo), pasta with pecorino sardo (Sardinian cheese made from sheep milk) and fennel sausages braised with lemony potatoes. We miss Stein's Jack Russell Chalky, but still a feast for the eyes.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >