DVD: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Sunday 04 November 2012
In some ways, this is a conventional indie romantic comedy in which two near strangers, the uptight Steve Carell and the kooky Keira Knightley, go on a road trip and fall in love.
What's less conventional is that the Earth is just three weeks away from being obliterated by an asteroid. Seeking a Friend… offers us a sardonic, eerie vision of the human race's reaction to its impending doom, all without tipping over into farce or tragedy.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace