DVD: Sex Drive (15)
Friday 01 May 2009
The editors of Sex Drive could have trimmed two hours off this smorgasbord of puerility and still have been left with an overweight teen flick.
Like a super-bad Superbad, the panoply of phallus, doughnut-costume and anal-sex jokes recommend the film only to the kind of teenage halfwits whose misadventures it attempts to depict. Cartoon violence and an obsession with bodily fluids dominate a classically dull coming-of-age road trip, on which the three peppy young protagonists engage in the most tedious love triangle in the history of romantic geometry. Chuckling at the less well-off rednecks they meet along the way, the film's stand-out moment is a cameo from Austin Powers star Seth Green as a sarcastic Amish car mechanic, from which you may infer something of the quality of the writing.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace