DVD: Shorts (Warner)
Sunday 13 December 2009
Robert Rodriguez’s latest children’s film shows what happens when a wish granting rock falls from space and lands in sunny suburbia.
It’s the perfect excuse for him to fill the screen with everything that youngsters might want to see there: flying saucers, crocodiles, and a monster made out of snot, to name but a few. But, as ever, Rodriguez is better at coming up with ideas than knowing what to do with them. He crams in the flying saucers and crocodiles etc, at random, whether they serve the narrative or not.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 2 Pub landlord captures moment customer falls over on CCTV – just like Del Boy did on Only Fools and Horses
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
Penny Dreadful, series 2 episode 1, review: It is still gloriously silly
Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
Eurovision 2015: What date and time is the song contest and who are the favourites to win?
Game of Thrones, season 5 episode 4, review: Sansa in danger of becoming another footnote in Westeros' bloody history
Noel Gallagher 'cannot wait' to hear Oasis-inspired One Direction album but rants about 'pointless' Tidal and Spotify