DVD: Shrink (15)
Friday 23 July 2010
E M Forster asked us all to "only connect", but you suspect the author would have shunned these LA bores, whining about their "genius" (Dallas Roberts's agent) and their frequent masturbating (Robin Williams's sozzled movie star).
No wonder Kevin Spacey's pot-smoking shrink looks so morose. Shrink is another one of those therapy-heavy dramas (also Grand Canyon, The Muse) that makes LA look like the most dismal place on earth. And, of course, everyone seems to be involved in the movie business. A thoroughly humourless film and Ben Kingsley made for a much more enjoyable marijuana-taking shrink in The Wackness. Disconnect.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’