DVD: Skyline, For retail & rental, (Momentum)
Sunday 20 March 2011
An alien invasion is witnessed by a few friends in an LA penthouse.
This sub-Cloverfield gubbins was directed by two special-effects boffins (who style themselves "the Brothers Strause"), so it's perhaps not surprising that the monsters are impressively disgusting. But the vapid story, banal dialogue and charmless acting make it hard to sit through. Essentially, it's an Ed Wood film with a trailer's worth of cool CGI thrown in.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Arts & Ents blogs
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >