DVD: The Box (12)
A scarred stranger shows up on the doorstep of suburban couple Norma and Arthur Lewis and offers them a beguiling choice.
He gives them a box with a button inside it. Should they push the button they will receive $1m, but someone they have never met will die. They make their choice, unleashing a chain of events that changes their lives and brings them in touch with realms they could never imagine. This is a return to form for Richard Kelly, the director of Donnie Darko, after the disaster of Southland Tales. The premise, from a story by Richard Matheson, is intriguing and the Seventies setting is superbly atmospheric.
Arts & Ents blogs
Fancy seeing a play about serial killers? How about inviting a funeral director into your home for a...
There are a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refl...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.