DVD: The Dilemma (12)
Friday 27 May 2011
The dilemma that arises in Ron Howard's sub-par comedy is, what do you do on discovering your best friend's wife is messing around with another fella?
For most people the answer to said dilemma would be, "Tell them", but where's the fun in that, eh? Vince Vaughn, reprising his role as the lovable but commitment-shy everyman from just about every film he's appeared in, is our hero, who has been saddled with the unwanted information. Despite the odd astute observation about never really knowing what goes on in other people's relationships, the film descends into a sham of misunderstandings, slapstick brawls and, regrettably, few laughs.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Led Zeppelin to release alternative Stairway To Heaven after 43 years
Freddie Prinze Jr on 24: 'Kiefer Sutherland was the most unprofessional dude in the world – I hated every moment of it'
Guardians of the Galaxy review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
Great British Bake Off 2014 contestants revealed: Meet the baker's dozen
R Kelly 'dropped' from Ohio music festival following backlash
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >