DVD: The Green Hornet, For retail & rental (Sony)
Sunday 01 May 2011
Anyone salivating at the thought of the wildly inventive Michel Gondry taking on the genesis story of a superhero: save your drool.
Apart from a couple of moments, you'd barely know it's Gondry, as writing duties were shared by Seth Rogen and Evan "Superbad" Goldberg. Hence, we got shlubby loser Rogen as the eponymous dull hero, a few sub-Scott Pilgrim scenes and a story told so soporifically that it's a real buzz-kill.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke