DVD: Tyrannosaur, For retail & rental (Optimum)
Sunday 05 February 2012
Paddy Considine makes the jump from actor to writer-director with impressive ease, which is not to say that his raw debut drama is easy to watch.
Peter Mullan simmers as only he can, playing a short-fused loner who kicks his own pet dog to death, while Olivia Colman is heartbreaking as a Christian charity shopkeeper whose gentleness towards him may have as much to do with her own problems as his.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >