DVD: Up in the Air, For retail & rental (Paramount)
Sunday 23 May 2010
George Clooney stars as an executive who has rejected all the worldly attachments – a family, a nice house – that might stop him racking up air miles on business trips.
It's not until he meets a kindred spirit (Vera Farmiga) and an eager protégé (Anna Kendrick) that he wonders if there's more to life. Jason Reitman's Oscar-nominated comedy is slick, but Clooney is far too well-adjusted to be credible as someone who'd consider departure lounges to be Shangri-La.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government