DVD: Water For Elephants (12)
Friday 09 September 2011
Robert Pattinson aims to graduate from Twilight with a leading role in this adaptation of the bestselling book of the same name.
Set during the Great Depression, Jacob (Pattinson) is studying to be a vet when he receives the news that his parents have died in a car crash. Finding himself with no money or home, he joins the circus, quickly getting work looking after the animals, including the latest star attraction: an elephant called Rosie. It's a pretty looking film, but the love story between Pattinson and the circus owner's wife (Reese Witherspoon) fails to convince; so much so you don't care whether or not her deranged husband (Christoph Waltz) rumbles them.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world