DVD: Whatever Works, For retail & rental (Warner)
Sunday 21 November 2010
We should have known. It turns out that Vicky Cristina Barcelona was a blip, and Woody Allen has slipped back into his usual recent practice of rehashing old scenarios in a slipshod, one-take manner.
Whatever Works stars Larry David as a suspiciously familiar Jewish intellectual New Yorker, and Evan Rachel Wood as the much younger woman who falls in love with him, despite his relentless condescension. Not Allen's worst film, but one for fans only.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >