DVD:(500) Days of Summer, For retail & rental (20th Century Fox)
Sunday 10 January 2010
One of the only romantic comedies released last year to have any charm whatsoever, (500) Days of Summer recounts the relationship of its star-crossed lovers, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, out of chronological order, flitting between the highs and lows of their 500 days together.
At times it risks being too cutesy-quirky, but it's more sincere than the competition. Only the lack of chemistry between its two stars stops it being the 21st-century Annie Hall it wants to be.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget