DVD/Blu-ray: César and Rosalie (12)
Saturday 03 November 2012
Yves Montand is riveting as César, a hyperactive, wealthy scrap-metal merchant who smokes big fat cigars, drives fast and adores the exquisite, younger Rosalie (Romy Schneider).
However, he has a rival for her affections in Sami Frey's suave cartoonist, who has loved Rosalie "always". The beauty can't decide between the two suitors in Claude Sautet's sprightly and astute ménage à trois romance from 1972, which also benefits from an early role for Isabelle Huppert.
Arts & Ents blogs
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Tony Benn meets Ali G: Watch Labour veteran burn Sacha Baron Cohen
- 3 Women do experience two different types of orgasm, study reveals
- 4 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set