DVD/Blu-ray: César and Rosalie (12)
Saturday 03 November 2012
Yves Montand is riveting as César, a hyperactive, wealthy scrap-metal merchant who smokes big fat cigars, drives fast and adores the exquisite, younger Rosalie (Romy Schneider).
However, he has a rival for her affections in Sami Frey's suave cartoonist, who has loved Rosalie "always". The beauty can't decide between the two suitors in Claude Sautet's sprightly and astute ménage à trois romance from 1972, which also benefits from an early role for Isabelle Huppert.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show