DVD/Blu-ray: The Grey (15)
Saturday 19 May 2012
“I'm calling on you,” pleads Ottway (Liam Neeson) to the heavens, but God isn't listening in this grisly, gripping Alaskan horror.
Ottway, along with his fellow oil-rig workers, has crash-landed in an unforgiving snowy wilderness. Not only are the “fortunate” survivors unlikely to be rescued, they're also beset by murderous wolves. Ottway, a wolf-hunter, is their only hope. Neeson delivers his strongest performance in some time in Joe Carnahan's exquisitely photographed slice of hokum.
Music Why this music festival is still the place to spot the next big thing
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew