Starring: Billy Bob Thornton, Dwayne Johnson, Maggie Grace
Friday 25 March 2011
Dwayne Johnson returns as a badass bankrobber hot out of jail and bent on revenge, having been jacked on a heist 10 years ago by a rival crew that killed his brother.
Somebody ought to check director George Tillman Jr for steroids: every gunshot sounds like cannon fire, every car engine roars like a rocket-launcher, every tough-guy walk is couched in slo-mo. Johnson wears a perma-frown throughout, but Billy Bob Thornton as a burnt-out cop and Carla Gugino as his partner provide some human relief amid the mayhem. It's the sort of film where somebody can be shot through the back of the head yet still get up and walk.
Filming to begin on two new series due to be aired on Dave from next year
TVBBC hopes latest Danish import will spell success
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils