Film review: Bula Quo! (PG)
Stuart St Paul, 90mins. Starring: Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt
Thursday 04 July 2013
It's a measure of how inept this comedy is that the "bloopers" over the end credits look little different from the scenes supposedly shot in earnest.
The film stars rock band Status Quo's frontmen Rossi and Parfitt... as themselves. They're rampaging round Fiji, being chased by an American baddie (Jon Lovitz), whose Russian roulette gambling ring they've inadvertently infiltrated. Director Stuart St Paul (best known as a stunt co-ordinator) gives the film all the production value of a glorified wedding video. In its own utterly inane way, this makes cheery enough viewing. Whenever the plot stalls, another blast of Quo music just about gets it started again.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Bad luck, One Direction: Paul McCartney doubts success of The Beatles will ever be matched again
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
Game of Thrones season 6: Daenerys actress Emilia Clarke says '50/50 chance' Jon Snow is alive
The last decade has produced just four UK festival headline acts
What if Nicolas Cage played every character in Game of Thrones?
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture