Film review: Deadfall (15)
Hard to know why the Austrian director Stefan Ruzowitzky, who made the haunting Holocaust drama The Counterfeiters, came to helm this mediocre thriller about troubled patrimony.
It has a prestige cast, too, led by Eric Bana as a psychopathic robber heading for the border with his sister (Olivia Wilde) following a bungled heist. Kris Kristofferson and Sissy Spacek play the couple whose house they descend on.
The silly contrivances of its plot ensure that any prospect of tension withers to nothing. The snowbound setting might be the chilliest since Fargo, but the resemblance ends there.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations