Film review: Escape Plan (15)
Mikael Hafström, 115mins. Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger
Like Captain Phillips, Escape Plan is largely set on a container ship. This one houses a futuristic maximum security prison in which Schwarzenegger and Stallone are both incarcerated.
They're tortured and intimidated by a Bill Sykes-like prison guard (former Wimbledon FC enforcer Vinnie Jones, cast true to type) and treated with implacable cruelty by the prison governor (Jim Caviezel).
Stallone is as rigid and as plastic-looking as an Action Man toy. Schwarzenegger spits out the one-liners ("have a lovely day, asshole") with all the energy he can muster. To give the OAP stars (who are both over 65) credit, they don't skimp at all on the action scenes.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account