Film review: Thanks for Sharing (15)
Stuart Blumberg, 112mins. Starring: Mark Ruffalo, Tim Robbins
A romantic comedy about sex addiction, Thanks for Sharing is strangely cast and not at all sure about what tone it is trying to strike.
There are moments of Porky's-style humour interspersed with scenes in which characters confess about their sexual misdeeds at inordinate length.
The excellent Mark Ruffalo stars as a recovering sex addict, but you have the impression he would far rather be playing the same character in a dark psycho-drama such as Steve McQueen's Shame.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations