Film review: Thanks for Sharing (15)
Stuart Blumberg, 112mins. Starring: Mark Ruffalo, Tim Robbins
A romantic comedy about sex addiction, Thanks for Sharing is strangely cast and not at all sure about what tone it is trying to strike.
There are moments of Porky's-style humour interspersed with scenes in which characters confess about their sexual misdeeds at inordinate length.
The excellent Mark Ruffalo stars as a recovering sex addict, but you have the impression he would far rather be playing the same character in a dark psycho-drama such as Steve McQueen's Shame.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget