Film review: Thanks for Sharing (15)
Stuart Blumberg, 112mins. Starring: Mark Ruffalo, Tim Robbins
A romantic comedy about sex addiction, Thanks for Sharing is strangely cast and not at all sure about what tone it is trying to strike.
There are moments of Porky's-style humour interspersed with scenes in which characters confess about their sexual misdeeds at inordinate length.
The excellent Mark Ruffalo stars as a recovering sex addict, but you have the impression he would far rather be playing the same character in a dark psycho-drama such as Steve McQueen's Shame.
Glastonbury Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend will perform with Paul Weller as their warm-up act
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP