Film review: The Last Stand (15)
He said he'd be back. Ten years on from Terminator 3, his last non-political outing in a leading role, Arnold Schwarzenegger returns to the screen in a slam-bang action thriller that would like to be considered a "modern Western".
He plays a sheriff named Ray Owens, who's been called on to defend his sleepy border town against an escaped Mexican druglord (Eduardo Noriega) and the nastiest piece of work since Pablo Escobar.
Arnie thinks he's a bit old for law enforcement, and a look at his tightly stretched mug confirms it, so will he stand up to the bad guys when it matters?
Think of High Noon with a lot of explosions and a cyborg instead of Gary Cooper.
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'