Film review: The To Do List (15)
Maggie Carey, 104mins. Starring: Aubrey Plaza
"Let's get to work, vagina," is one of the lines in Maggie Carey's gleefully vulgar The To Do List, a comedy set in early 1990s Idaho about a high-achieving student's attempts to glean some sexual experience before college.
Brandy (Aubrey Plaza) draws up a list of sex acts she wants to perform and then sets about her goals with the same diligence she has shown for her academic assignments.
The writing and performances are smart and sassy enough to stop the film from seeming irredeemably crude – and it's refreshing to have a woman at the heart of a teen sex comedy.
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Labour rallies behind Flint as deputy leader to offset a Corbyn win
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains