Film review: Turbo 3D (U)
David Soren, 96mins. Voices: Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti
As far as films about motor-racing snails go, this DreamWorks 3D animated feature is surely one of the better ones. Its premise is preposterous – a little orange snail (Ryan Reynolds) ends up competing in the Indy 500.
The eye-popping visuals, vivid characterisation and strong voice work, especially by Paul Giamatti as Turbo's whining brother, just about make up for the absurdity of the idea.
Some of the dialogue here seems to have been borrowed from Ron Howard's Rush, which was likewise about "a bunch of cars driving around in circles for hours on end", but just didn't feature any molluscs.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Japanese plant experts produce 10,000 lettuce heads a day in LED-lit indoor farm
- 3 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’