Film review: Turbo 3D (U)
David Soren, 96mins. Voices: Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti
As far as films about motor-racing snails go, this DreamWorks 3D animated feature is surely one of the better ones. Its premise is preposterous – a little orange snail (Ryan Reynolds) ends up competing in the Indy 500.
The eye-popping visuals, vivid characterisation and strong voice work, especially by Paul Giamatti as Turbo's whining brother, just about make up for the absurdity of the idea.
Some of the dialogue here seems to have been borrowed from Ron Howard's Rush, which was likewise about "a bunch of cars driving around in circles for hours on end", but just didn't feature any molluscs.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Ed Sheeran dedicates song to David Cameron
Tom and Jerry cartoons now carry a 'racial prejudice' warning on Amazon
Glastonbury 2015 registration: How to get tickets for next year's festival
Kylie Minogue Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican named highest-selling female comedians
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >