First Sunday (12A)
Friday 28 March 2008
Whoever managed to persuade Ice Cube that he had any gift for light comedy deserves some kind of prize – and then a jail sentence.
This astonishingly dire caper, written and directed by David E Talbert, casts the Cube as a petty criminal down on his luck: his ex-wife's about to relocate to Atlanta and take their teenage son with her – "ma son", as Cube insists on calling him – unless he can raise $17,000 to pay off her debt. In desperation, he decides the only thing for it is to rob the local church – with unhilarious consequences.
Watch the trailer for 'First Sunday'
The cast mug and gurn, the camera lecherously eyes the female star's rear end, and the viewer marvels at the fact that Cube has managed to find a co-star – Tracy Morgan – who has even less comic brio than himself.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains