Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (PG)
Starring: Jordana Beatty, Heather Graham
The title gives it away: a production-line kids' movie designed with minimum content and maximum shrillness.
The titular tween (played by Jordana Beatty) decides, in the absence of her holidaying pals, to contrive her own particular thrilling summer, and draws up a wallchart to plot her progress. Viewers over the age of six should try to think about something – anything – else, though God knows it's hard enough with this frenetic assault of noise pouring off the screen. The single note of interest – which is pushing it – is the presence of Heather Graham, one-time Rollergirl, as Judy's aunt. Did we watch Boogie Nights in vain?
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’