Mega Piranha (15)
Friday 16 July 2010
The tiny pause at the end of every line and the wooden reaction shots tell us where we are: B-movie hell. Actually, "B-movie" might be to flatter this cheapo horror flick about a mutant strain of giant piranhas chomping their way up the Orinoco towards the coast of Florida – as if they haven't already enough to cope with from BP.
The monster fish are about as scary as tinned tuna. Paul Logan plays one of the least Special Agents ever sent to troubleshoot, while David Labiosa as a Venezuelan colonel provides a conveniently racist baddie. "How much time till the piranhas hit their next magnitude?" asks a "scientist". The screenplay is credited to Eric Forsberg. Watch out for his work.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Black-ish: America's new 'racist' TV sitcom has had a mixed reception
Cilla, episode 3, ITV - review: Ed Stoppard steals the limelight as Beatles manager Brian Epstein
The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Jungle Book: A tale as old as time
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >