Mega Piranha (15)
Friday 16 July 2010
The tiny pause at the end of every line and the wooden reaction shots tell us where we are: B-movie hell. Actually, "B-movie" might be to flatter this cheapo horror flick about a mutant strain of giant piranhas chomping their way up the Orinoco towards the coast of Florida – as if they haven't already enough to cope with from BP.
The monster fish are about as scary as tinned tuna. Paul Logan plays one of the least Special Agents ever sent to troubleshoot, while David Labiosa as a Venezuelan colonel provides a conveniently racist baddie. "How much time till the piranhas hit their next magnitude?" asks a "scientist". The screenplay is credited to Eric Forsberg. Watch out for his work.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke