Movie review: Hit So Hard starring Courtney Love, Patty Schemel
P David Ebersole, 103mins, NC
Patty Schemel, one-time drummer of Courtney Love’s band Hole, gets to tell her survivor’s story in this indulgent and mildly diverting documentary.
Playing drums from the age of 11, Schemel had her first drink at 12; a lesbian from a deeply conservative background, by her twenties she was up to here in heroin, with the deaths of other addicts close to her – Kurt Cobain (suicide) and her bandmate Kristen Pfaff (overdose) – a futile warning.
Director P. David Ebersole intercuts band interviews with unseen video footage the drummer shot of the cutesy domestic routine chez Cobain and Love, though it will be of limited interest to anyone but die-hard Hole fans and grunge nostalgists.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'