On the Sly (U)
Olivier Ringer, 77mins. Starring: Wynona Ringer, Olivier Ringer, Macha Ringer
On the Sly is a small-scale, intimate tale about a lonely six-year-old child. Hardly noticed by her hard-working parents, Cathy (Wynona Ringer) disappears into the woods – and waits to see how soon they will notice.
There is next to no dialogue. Instead, Cathy narrates her own adventures in a naive but perceptive voiceover.
Whatever else, this is the antithesis to the brash, effect-driven 3D movies that tend to be released in time for half-term. For parents looking for a soulful, slow-burning children's movie, this could be just the answer.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories