Friday 24 April 2009
Alien vs... Viking? You'd better believe it.
James Caviezel, who seems not to have got over his Christ role, plays another redeemer here, an "outlander" arriving in Norway from space and running into a community of Vikings, circa 709AD. John Hurt's king and his band of hairy pillagers have been menaced by a fire-breathing monster, which Caviezel knows of old and must now help them destroy. Do you need to be told it's preposterous? Probably not. But you may be pleasantly surprised to hear it's also quite enjoyable.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are