Premium Rush (12A)
Bicycle courier as urban hero? That's what Joseph Gordon-Levitt is playing as Wilee, the fastest thing on two wheels in Manhattan, whizzing about the traffic lanes with no brakes and no thought for other road-users. Typical cyclist.
Charged to deliver a last package of the day – a "premium rush" – Wilee finds the contents are of particular interest to Bobby (Michael Shannon), a maniac cop who starts pursuing him across the city.
To be honest, no matter what head of speed Wilee gets up, bicycle chases just aren't that exciting, and David Koepp's juggling of present tense and flashbacks doesn't raise the pulse either. Breaking Away is in no danger of losing its place as everyone's favourite bicycle movie.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >