Red Hill (15)
Starring: Ryan Kwanten, Steve Bisley, Tommy Lewis
Friday 13 May 2011
Patrick Hughes's Australian Western pays homage to Clint Eastwood's High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider, and John Sturgess's Bad Day at Black Rock, but it is fatally hindered by some poorly orchestrated action, terrible editing and weak characterisation.
Ryan Kwanten's damaged cop Shane Cooper (see what they did there?) takes a job in the supposedly sleepy town of Red Hill to reduce the stress of his wife's pregnancy. Shane soon ends up being caught up in a Death Wish-style bloodbath, inflicted by a disfigured Aboriginal, Jimmy Conway. Red Hill, which completely loses it ways 30 minutes in, also has the audacity to include some mystical hokum involving a black panther. Attack the Block's Moses certainly wouldn't "allow it" into his life.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account