Red Hill (15)
Starring: Ryan Kwanten, Steve Bisley, Tommy Lewis
Friday 13 May 2011
Patrick Hughes's Australian Western pays homage to Clint Eastwood's High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider, and John Sturgess's Bad Day at Black Rock, but it is fatally hindered by some poorly orchestrated action, terrible editing and weak characterisation.
Ryan Kwanten's damaged cop Shane Cooper (see what they did there?) takes a job in the supposedly sleepy town of Red Hill to reduce the stress of his wife's pregnancy. Shane soon ends up being caught up in a Death Wish-style bloodbath, inflicted by a disfigured Aboriginal, Jimmy Conway. Red Hill, which completely loses it ways 30 minutes in, also has the audacity to include some mystical hokum involving a black panther. Attack the Block's Moses certainly wouldn't "allow it" into his life.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain