Reno 911!: Miami (15)
Friday 27 April 2007
Bungling policemen have been a comic staple of film since the Keystone Cops, but you'd have to stretch the definition of comedy beyond breaking-point to allow this rot membership of the genre. Based on a hit TV series, which mercifully we don't get in the UK, the Reno 911 team comprise a bunch of nincompoops, whose inept law-enforcement creates its very own cordon sanitaire of jokelessness. Paul Rudd, Danny DeVito and The Rock contribute ill-advised cameos, while the principal cast members work overtime in futile pursuit of a punch line. Being this unfunny should be illegal.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Samuel Beckett's biographer reveals secrets of the writer's time as a French Resistance spy
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Guardians of the Galaxy - review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >