Strange Wilderness (tbc)
Friday 11 April 2008
Already a significant contender for Worst Film of 2008, this moronic guys-together comedy is mostly regrettable for the appearance of Steve Zahn, once the go-to guy for dopey charm but now just another name in exec producer Adam Sandler's stable of goons.
Zahn plays the son of a nature-TV presenter who has let the old man's show fall into disrepute; to save it from being axed he and his buddies saddle up in search of the legendary Bigfoot. Co-stars Justin Long (Dodgeball) and Jonah Hill (Superbad) seem to be competing with the rest of the cast over who can give the worst performance, while the screenwriters try to outdo one another for the worst joke – a turkey giving Zahn a blowjob may be the winner.
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women