Streedance 2 3D (PG)
Starring: Tom Conti, Falk Hentschel, Sofia Boutella
More terpsichorean tussles from the street, this time allegedly in Paris, where handsome Ash (Falk Hentschel) takes a rainbow-coalition dance crew towards competition.
Will their moves be enough to beat top dogs Invincible? Ash decides that the Latin stylings of Parisian babe Eva (Sofia Boutella) will give their bendy-bodied street stuff an extra zip. At the margin, Tom Conti supplies a huge helping of jambon as Eva's bar-owner uncle, overplaying so fruitily he suffers a heart-attack. If the cast's acting were even a tenth as good as their dancing, all might be well. As it is, every time one of them speaks it's pure agony on the ears. They can't even stare convincingly.
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 5 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
Better Call Saul creator Peter Gould on the creative concerns of a prequel, season 2 and the mind-numbing realities of the small courts
Britain's Got Talent 2015: RSPCA investigating Marc Metral's miming dog after cruelty complaints
Glastonbury 2015: Emily Eavis says Prince rumours 'completely untrue'
One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'
Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens: Luke Skywalker actor Mark Hamill admits he was suspicious of 'Star Trek guy' JJ Abrams
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate