Tarzan 3D, film review: Big-budget, German-made animation is utterly lacking in craft or wit
(PG) Reinhard Klooss, 99 mins Featuring voices of: Kellan Lutz, Spencer Locke
This big-budget, German-made, 3D, CGI foray into Tarzan territory is utterly lacking in craft or wit.
The animation is efficient but bland. The characters have all the expressiveness of plastic dolls.
The attempt at updating Edgar Rice Burroughs' much-filmed story and making it into a contemporary eco-fable is feeble in the extreme.
Even the chest-beating and vine-swinging are performed in half-hearted fashion. An absurdly portentous voice-over is used to plug the gaps in the story.
Footage of dinosaurs is included for no apparent reason. Johnny Weissmuller movies were much more fun than this.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 New Tricks: Dennis Waterman to leave the show after a decade of crime-solving
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'