Tarzan, DVD review: A cheap effort
(PG) Reinhard Klooss, 94mins. Starring: Kellan Lutz, Robert Capron, Jaime Ray Newman
Friday 29 August 2014
The likes of Pixar etc have spoilt us for sensational animation in the past decade, so this leaden effort looks cheap by comparison; the sort of cartoon where the humans look weirdly puppet-like (young Tarzan resembles a wired Pinocchio).
It’s the familiar tropes – apes, Jane, swinging – only with an alien element and some portentous narration thrown in, too.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year