The Dinosaur Project (12A)
This low-budget Brit action-adventure piggybacks two big American cousins – Cloverfield for the "found" footage, and Jurassic Park for the monsters. A tetchy cryptozoologist (Richard Dillane) and his stowaway son (Matt Kane) are part of an expedition in search of "Africa's Loch Ness Monster".
When their helicopter goes down somewhere in the Congo jungle, the team soon find that Jurassic larks can have deadly consequences... With its many pixellated shots and camera blackouts, Sid Bennett's drama cranks up the "authenticity" when all we really want to watch are people running and screaming.
The script stinks like dino-poo ("I'm glad we could go on this trip together," says the kid to his dad after several near-death experiences) but for all the silliness you may find yourself entertained.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Tears and cheers as David Beckham ends glittering career after helping PSG to final win
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Cameron goes to war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.