The Happiest Girl In The World (15)
Friday 28 May 2010
The rise of the new Romanian cinema continues apace with this sly satire on consumerism.
A teenage girl (Andreea Bosneag) wins a car in a competition, only to find her good fortune slowly soured by her bickering parents and the directors of a soft-drink campaign. Radu Jude's film drolly charts the efforts of a country to shrug off the drab duds of communism, only to find that the bright colours of capitalism are really no deliverance.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson pictured in first scenes
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >