The Hottie & the Nottie (12A)
Friday 28 March 2008
Toxic stuff. If the name Paris Hilton doesn't set your inner alarm bell ringing, then you might innocently settle down to this morality tale about "inner beauty" – and then you'll be sorry.
Hilton plays the "hottie" who refuses to date her former schoolmate until he fixes up her unsightly pal, the "nottie" (Christine Lakin, left, with Hilton). Inept movies can be unwittingly funny, even endearing, but this one is neither; it's just very, very boring, and foreglimpses a dire future. As long as "celebrity" maintains its hold, I'm afraid we'll always have Paris.
Watch the trailer for 'The Hottie & the Nottie'
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'
Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
Lucy, film review: Scarlett Johansson will blow your mind in Luc Besson's complex thriller
Emmys look set to overhaul the Oscars as Hollywood’s prize draw
Miley Cyrus concert banned on morality grounds in the Dominican Republic
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 line-up: Meet the contestants from Lauren Goodger to Kellie Maloney and Audley Harrison
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile