The King of Pigs (NC)
Friday 25 January 2013
In this South Korean animation, a man who has just beaten up his girlfriend and another who has just murdered his wife meet up and reminisce about their schooldays. And in flashback, we witness the kind of persistent torment and bullying that might breed such further violence.
The King of Pigs is a vicious snarl of a film, but well-drawn in both senses, and a serious-minded attempt to understand and allegorise the relationship between class divisions and violence.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland