Think Like a Man (12A)
It's a dating comedy based on a NY Times self-help bestseller Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, so much so that it becomes virtually an advert for it: the author, Steve Harvey, keeps popping up to spout his own advice to the screen.
Various thirtyish professional women, taking the book as their mantra, try out Steve's tips on their menfolk, with mostly unhilarious results.
The script serves up bite-sized chunks of dating wisdom – "the power is in the cookie", "looking for better you just became bitter", "love is a battlefield" – but no one seems any the wiser.
The cast isn't bad, and in the case of Romany Malco, the story's smooth operator, is all-out funny: "Honesty is overrated," he says, "that's actually in the Bible."
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe in bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Hitler’s food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised on the page?
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Well this Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
Pharrell Williams says 'Blurred Lines' criticism is 'out of context'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter