Tower Block (15)
The murder of a young man in a condemned tower block goes unsolved when police find not a single occupant willing to testify.
Three months later, the block comes under attack from a deadly sniper, picking off those close-mouthed residents one by one. Sheridan Smith, currently ubiquitous, leads the cast as a feisty singleton who organises the fightback.
The film offers a variant on the Colin Farrell thriller Phone Booth, inviting us to wonder who's the trigger-man – a random psychopath or a calculating avenger? There's just enough going on to keep us hooked.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage