Tower Heist (12A)
Starring: Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy
Ben Stiller leads a cast that's far too good for the weedy caper material set in front of them.
He plays floor manager of a swanky Manhattan residence The Tower who's just discovered that the Madoff-ish plutocrat (Alan Alda) in the penthouse has defrauded his clients – and the building's staff – of all their savings. Stiller determines to get the money back, and hires a small-time crook (Eddie Murphy) to help out. Téa Leoni plays a friendly Fed, Matthew Broderick is a disgraced numbers whizz, Casey Affleck is an eager concierge, and all you wonder is: what on earth attracted such top-drawer talent? Surely not the director (Brett Ratner) or a script that has more writers (five) than jokes.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results