TT: Closer to the Edge (15)
Released in 3D in the cinemas, first-time director Richard De Aragues' documentary is clearly shot for huge Imax screens.
Sadly, those lingering shots of what were once 3D magic are tedious on normal DVD. There's a good enough film underneath the effects to persevere with it, though. TT follows racers like the effervescent Guy Martin, as they battle for titles at the annual Isle of Man bike races. There's a real earthiness to the characters here – it feels a world away from the F1 carnival of Senna, but despite the lingering air of inherent danger, doesn't quite match its extraordinary drama.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >